Introducing Ruo Yan

Friday, May 27, 2011

We made it to Beijing

We made it here after that looooooong flight.  We are so exhausted that all we can do is sleep.  It is very hard for us to even stay awake to go eat dinner.  I am really glad that I was sooo tired on the van ride here because they drive like maniacs and I just closed my eyes and fell asleep.  If I had been awake I probably would of been a backseat driver and yelling and screaming.  We were weaving in a out of major traffic in that big van.  We had a really sweet chinese lady who set with us on the plane and she helped us all through the Beijing Airport (which is huge).  It took us about an hour to find our guide to get us to the hotel.   We had this very young American guy who was so nice and used his cell phone and kept calling our guide.  It is already really hard not having my cell phone.  UGH!!!!  Jason didnt sleep at all at the Chicago airport or on the plane ride so he layed down in the bed and is knocked out.   I doubt he will get up until morning.  Our guide told us to meet him in the lobby tomorrow 8:30 to go to the Great Wall.   I will be posting pics when we get back.   Thank you all for your prayers.  I have felt Gods peace throught this trip so far.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I am so glad you guys had a safe trip! I have been thinking about and praying for you for the past 2 days. I keep checking skype to see if ur on. Can't wait to hear from you. Hope you guys get some rest. Love and prayers,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, God Bless you and your family for all that you are doing for this beautiful little girl!!We camp with your father and Carol..God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete